Wednesday, October 2, 2013

confession time

so guess what, friends? I make mistakes. (are you surprised?) I mess up. and I'm very incredibly fickle. I jump from one thing to the other. that is something that I hate about other people, but I do it CONSTANTLY. ugh. it makes me annoyed with myself.

today is confession time. some of these will be deep, some (seemingly) silly.

-I hate cats. CANNOT STAND THEM. a cat lady I am not. here's the thing: cats are like women who have an attitude problem. one minute they're all: 'oh, today we can be friends and you can rub me and we can just hang out' and then two minutes later they're like: 'you're not worthy of me. leave me alone or I'll bite your hand off.' umm...just no. besides, they are just freaky. like the whole back-arching thing...I dislike it. it freaks me out. cats are just not my thing. (did I mention that I dislike cats?)
this is how I feel about cats and mornings
-I don't do mornings either. when I wake up in the morning, I groan. sometimes out loud. I really just hate mornings. I love sleeping. and I'm grumpy in the morning, too. don't talk to me, don't look at me and whatever you do, DON'T TOUCH ME...unless you want to feel the wrath of grumpy-its-still-morning Jennifer. trust me, you don't.

-I used to hate Justin Bieber. USED TO being the keywords there. Michael (my 25 year old brother) finally broke down my walls, and I started listening to him. honestly, I love his music now. he has a song to fit most of my moods. his song "Be Alright" off the Believe album is my favorite. (closely followed by Believe). Be Alright is my favorite mostly because its just a really good song, but also because Michael and I listened to it the morning I left for Slovakia. Biebs wrote the song for his sister while he was away on tour, and so the lyrics are super sweet, and so now I kinda feel like that's mine and Michael's song. but anyway.

-Moms is my best friend. I am a crummy best friend sometimes and don't tell her things and am rude and a royal pain in the neck. but she's loyal. (well, she's my mother, so she can't exactly just dump me...) she's patient and she listens. she encourages me constantly. she's the greatest.

-my fear of sharks is unsurpassed. legit. I cannot look at them. not even pictures. the last time I looked at a picture of a shark I really almost cried. the time before that when I looked at one (I was trying to conquer my fear) I did cry. it's sad. but seriously, they are SCARY.

-when I was little, one time I got mad at Michael because he wouldn't let me play baseball with him and Thomas, so I yelled, "I'm gonna bash your head in with a shovel!!" needless to say, he ran away from me. I was violent as a child.
one of my favorite pictures ever
-I once wrote two posts. they were titled: Tim Tebow, One Direction, the Beatles and Michael Landon. those two posts can be found HERE and HERE well...basically everything I wrote in those posts still stands. I still stand on the fact that shirtless celebrities are bad business. I still stand on the fact that lusting after a celebrity is BAD BUSINESS. but, friends, I have become a complete and total teeny-bopper. along with a new-found love for the Biebs, I listen to One Direction. they do have some good songs. yeah, some of their stuff is silly and semi-ridiculous...but I'm just putting that out there. I'm being honest here, guys. don't make fun of me.

-I am so blessed. I have made so many dear, dear friends through this crazy blog world. I started making friends online before I even started blogging. its so crazy to have girls that I can email and ask questions and ask for prayer and just say "hey, how's your day going?" and we have never even met in real life! its crazily amazing. I thank God for my blog friends.

-I believe that dance parties and loud music are always a good idea. and chocolate. and eating good food. and celebrating birthdays. and loving Jesus. and working out at 11:30 at night. do those things and do them with people that you love and you'll be happy.

-I'm a messed up person. I let people down. I cry. I blame God for things. I get angry. I yell at my siblings. I am disrespectful to my parents. I waste my time. I don't always use my money wisely.

-I'm loved. I'm forgiven. I don't have to be ashamed because of the things listed above, because every time one of those things happened, grace is there. HE is there.

(confession is good for the soul. even if its just silly things. like being afraid of sharks. honestly, there wasn't a huge point to this post...just some things that were on my mind).

have a happy Wednesday, friends. a very happy Wednesday.

p.s. I'll be back before the week is out with a guest post from a special kiddo who just happens to double as my sister. you won't want to miss it. she gives some insight into the real me. (which is scary!)




3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha!! I never thought to relate a lady with an attitude to a cat. That's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your honesty here friend!! :) I hate mornings too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your post, it's so personal and it really adds personality. Especially the part about cats! HAHA We have cats, they are exactly how you describe them. I'm more of a dog girl, but Mom loves her cats because they love her. >.<

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.