Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wedding Recap, Part 3: The Wedding Day


On the morning of September 15th, my iPod alarm went off around 8:00. I was meeting up with Ms. Michele (Becca's mom) and Lindsay around 11:00 to head to Savannah. I got ready slowly, and didn't do much besides run my fingers through my hair and throw some clothes on. I ate at least two brownies (possibly more, but hey, no judging around here!)

Mimi (my grandma) picked me up around 10:15 to drive me into town to meet Ms. Michele and Lindsay. I was going over everything in my head. Bobby pins, check. Makeup bag, check. Hair elastics, momentary panic, oh yeah, check. That went on all the way there. Then I realized that I probably needed to shave my legs. I had done it the day before, but realized that doing it again wouldn't hurt. But then I happened to remember that I had taken my razor to Heather's when I spent the night and had left that bag at Becca's house on Friday. Whew. Razor, check!

Ms. Michele, Lindsay, and I had an uneventful ride to Savannah. When we got there, we were welcomed at Becca's house with crazy laughter and some squeals, and it was really fun. Becca's clean kitchen table eventually turned into this:
a mess of food, pins, curling irons, plants, hair elastics and more!


the chalk board on Becca's kitchen wall! :)

We all went about our morning business. Lindsay started on Becca's hair, Ms. Michele and Meagan took the cake to the American Legion (the place where the reception was held) and I shaved my legs, and didn't even cut myself. :) When Ms. Michele and Meagan got back, they set up the food in the kitchen.

Becca had in mind what she wanted done to her hair, and showed Linds a picture, so they were trying to copy it. She lied and said she liked the first one, but she really didn't, so Lindsay and Meagan started over. It was beautiful.

Ms. Michele and I steamed the dress:


And then after everyone's hair was done, everyone had eaten, and we were all straight, it was time for Becca to put on her dress! I may have gotten a little emotional at this point. :)

my absolute favorite pic of Becca. I love her smiling face in the mirror
 For Becca's something old, she wore the dogwood pin in her hair that you see in the above picture. That meant a lot to me, because that's a pin that my great-grandmother gave to Becca shortly before she died. Grandmama was really special to all of us, and so it meant so much that Becca included that. For the new, of course, the dress; she borrowed the necklace that Meagan wore at her own wedding, and wore a blue ring. So she was covered!

Lindsay and Becca

Lindsay and Becca may not look alike, but they were both beautiful that day.

After everyone was dressed, us girls headed to the park to take some pictures. That was fun. We laughed and smiled and just enjoyed each others company. The photographer, Gracie, was amazing and so much fun to work with!

When we were done with our pictures, we headed to the church. We sat upstairs and talked, relaxed, drank water, and used the bathroom. (I think I used the bathroom like eight times before the ceremony started, just to be on the safe side!) I ran downstairs at one point, and saw Thomas in his suit.

Thomas had never seen Becca's dress, and Becca had never seen Thomas' suit. I hadn't seen the suit either, and when I did, I was pretty much blown-away. He looked amazing. I got one last hug from my brother before heading back upstairs.

When it was close to time for the ceremony to start, Becca, Lindsay, Meagan, me, Courtney (my sister turned flower girl) and Becca's parents all gathered together to pray. It was a special time, and meant a lot to everyone there. Then it was time.

I quickly grabbed Becca in a huge hug and told her that I loved her. She smiled so big, and it was good. I think we just stood there for about 30 seconds just looking at each other. :) For me, it was letting her know that I love her and that I was glad she was marrying Thomas; and for her, I think it was her letting me know that she loves me and that nothing was going to change just because they got married. 
Pastor Bill, Michael, Thomas, Dad and Jamie (with Josh behind Thomas)
The guys looked great! As I started to walk up the aisle, I thought about what exactly was happening right now. Thomas was a grown man, getting married. But somehow, it didn't make me cry like I thought it would. Instead I smiled. When I reached the front, Thomas and I made quick eye contact, just enough of it to not make me cry, and then I went and sat on the piano bench.

Meagan, Lindsay and Courtney followed me and then it was time for Becca!

Thomas had asked me a few months before the wedding if I would play the piano when Becca walked up the aisle. I readily agreed. He gave me the song on a disc, and I figured it out by ear, and slowed it down a bit. It was "Meadowlarks" by Fleet Foxes, and absolutely beautiful. Perfect for a bride to walk up the aisle. 
Thomas as Becca walked in
 I couldn't see Becca, but from what I understand, when the doors opened and she saw Thomas, she started laughing. She was, without a doubt, the happiest bride I have ever seen. She hurried her way down the aisle to my brother.

Mr. David, Becca's dad, gave her away, and then Pastor Bill gave an amazing message. I tried to concentrate on everything he was saying, and did a fairly good job.


I was really proud of myself, I had shed minimal tears. Just as I was feeling pleased with myself, it was time for them to say their vows. Uh oh.
saying vows

They (the vows) were super meaningful and incredible. They actually borrowed them from Ethan's and Meagan's wedding. All I know is, as soon as Thomas started saying them to Becca, I lost it. Major tears. Good thing I had a handkerchief in my pocket. When I was finished with it, I passed it to Meagan. Then Becca said her vows. They were really good.
I absolutely love this picture
After that, they exchanged the rings, they prayed, and then the kiss:

the kiss!
I don't have a picture of it, but after their kiss, there was a huge hug. The sweetest thing ever. :) I really cried when they started hugging, well, cried and yelled at the same time. :)

Classic faces after the kiss! :)


Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Mole!!!!!
 Then they were officially Thomas and Becca Mole!!
happy newlyweds :)
We all walked out to "Ragged Wood" by Fleet Foxes. It was such a fun song, and I may or may not have listened to it every day since then. :) Reliving the wedding has been easy, due to stop-motion videos, a video that a friend of ours made of the wedding, and the music that I have. :)
The original Normans: Scott, Lindsay Bay, Becca Mole, Ms. Michele and Mr. David
  We took pictures in the sanctuary immediately following the ceremony.

Becca hugging John
everyone getting in order
no one paying attention

The Bays, the Normans and the Moles :)


After we were done with the pictures of the family, the bridal party headed back to the little park to take pictures. I'll share some of them tomorrow and tell you all about the reception! =)










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.