Friday, October 5, 2012

Wedding Recap, Part 4: Pictures In The Park and the Reception

Daddy, Meagan, Michael, Becca, Courtney, Thomas, Lindsay, Josh, me and Jamie

everyone happy :)

I love this picture!

Thomas and Becca (love this one, too!)

going off on their own adventure! :)
All the pictures above are the amazing work of Carson, Lindsay's husband. He was continually snapping all weekend, and got some really amazing shots. You can check out some more of Carson's and Lindsay's pictures on their blog: Down by the Bays.


When the pictures with the bridal party were done, we headed to the reception, while Thomas and Becca stayed behind to take a few more pictures. 
Lindsay made this! :) Impressive, right?
When we got there, it looked somewhat like this:
lots of wonderful wedding guests!

I floated from table to table, seeing some people who I hadn't seen in a while, meeting people I had never met, and seeing some friends who had been at college or moved away! (It was really awesome, because I got to see one of my absolute best friends at the reception who had recently graduated and gone to the Citadel!)

We waited patiently for the bride and groom, and then they were finally there and announced amid great cheering. Literally, they got a standing ovation! =) 

Then it was time for their first dance. Classic is the only word to describe it. =) They danced to a Bob Dylan song (which I can no longer remember the title of!) and acted like little kids and were totally cute. =)




After the absolutely adorable first dance, everyone got started eating! I was starving, but waited to get in line (dumb move) and talked instead. When I finally did get in line, it was at the very end, and I was behind two of Thomas' roommates, so that was highly entertaining! =)
Michael and Josh (wonder what Thomas said to make them laugh?)

Becca and Thomas :)

Becca, Thomas, Michael, Josh and Jamie
Finally I got food and sat down and ate (as Lindsay put it about herself not me) like a barbarian. I was so hungry, much hungrier than I thought I was.The food was delicious. =) Or maybe it was just good because I was so hungry. =) 
those oranges were good!

I think this was the point where Daddy was accusing me of flirting with someone (hence the exasperation on my face! ;)

Becca cutting cake! :)

not exactly sure what that face means???

awwwww! :) (and she is so short!!)

the cake topper was made of sticks found in Becca's backyard!

Thomas and Becca talking to friends

some of Thomas' roommates/friends
The cake was extremely good, and I ate a piece. Or two. =) Actually only one. But I did eat some more the next day. 

Now, Fred (Thomas' roommate and friend) and I were talking and we decided that this reception was definitely going to turn into a dance party. Yep, we called it! People started dancing and really having a good time. Thomas and Becca didn't dance, but basically everyone else did. And let me tell ya, folks, it was awesome! I have no pictures of this, because I was dancing till my feet hurt. And then I danced some more!

Thomas and Becca both changed, and then it was time to say goodbye. I gave my big brother a huge hug, and told him I loved him and then hugged Becca for a long time. 
happiness
Mom and Becca...or...Mrs. Mole and Mrs. Mole :)
Then we all lined the doorway, birdseed in hand, ready to pelt and wish happiness to the newlyweds. =) Mom told me to forget any grudges, and I told Ricky, Thomas' roommate the same thing. But it didn't matter, because we all threw pretty hard anyway. =) Poor Thomas and Becca.
leaving for the honeymoon!!!
she was obviously happy amid the showers of birdseed

notice that Becca's pointing her fingers at Dad? it's a thing they have going on, they point fingers at each other and call each other troublemaker! :)
beautiful wedding guests: Ale' Grace, Lindsay, and Chloe

And then they were gone, and they lived happily ever after. =)

Thomas walking by a train on their honeymoon :)











6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wedding - thanks for sharing these lovely photos :) I adore the bridesmaids gowns!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely beautiful, and you're so welcome! :) Weren't they amazing? I've worn mine to church with a denim jacket since then! :) It's so perfect!!

      Delete
  2. They seriously seem SO cute and SO SO SO happy! I just love the pictures of their first dance. You can tell that they were having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty cute that day! :)And yes, I think they had fun! :)

      Delete
  3. It seemed to be a really great experience for everyone especially the couple, and for you too Jennifer. Attending the wedding of those important to me is a memorable experience all the time. Maybe because it's also an opportunity for friends and family to come together and be with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love attending weddings! I get a lot of great ideas to add to my wedding someday. What about you Jennifer? Did you get any ideas from attending weddings that makes you want to have on your own wedding someday? By the way the pictures look nice! :)

    Kelli Mueller

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.