Monday, January 7, 2013

liebster award

Hey blog world. It's me, Jennifer. I've been writing this blog since July 29th, and I've just been nominated for my first blog award! :) 
By the sweet Alyse, who blogs over here. Be fantastically awesome and go check her blog out. 
 

         Here's the rules:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.

3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.

4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.

5. Go to each blogger's page and let them know about the award.

6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

On to my 11 facts about myself:

1) I am terrified of sharks. Absolutely terrified. I literally cannot look at them. 
2)  When I was 3 years old, I almost died. 
3) I dislike country music. Okay, let's be honest here, I despise, loathe and abominate country music. Whew. Sorry. 
4) I am also scared of the dark. Really scared.
5) I didn't learn to ride a bike until I was 7 years old.
6) I have been playing piano since I was 5 years old.
7) I have taken violin lessons, but it just wasn't my thing.
8) I write music. I have written lots of songs, but only 5 that I consider good.
9) I used to have nose bleeds every day. Seriously, I had nose bleeds like it was my job. Then I got my nose cauterized and that fixed the problem.
10) My hair is naturally thick, curly and frizzy. More frizzy than either of the others though. I flatiron it a lot.   
11) I sing in the Adult Choir, play keyboard in orchestra, direct the 1st-3rd grade children's choir, and help out in Sunday school by giving my opinion. :) 

To answer Alyse's 11 questions:
1. Have you ever cried in church? Yes. Once was the Sunday morning that my great-grandmother passed away. I cried like a baby standing in service during worship. Then I have teared up at other times for one reason or another.

2. Do you adore chocolate? Um, does this even need to be answered? DUH!!! :)

3. Which is more fun, the beach or the pool? Hm. I haven't been to the beach since 2009, so I've almost forgotten. I think that if I want to swim, the pool, but just for laying in the sun, definitely the beach! I'm scared of sharks, so the ocean and I don't get along too well.

4. Ever ding-dong-ditched? Nope. Never.

5. Favorite movie? Ohhh, that's a tough one. Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Little Women (with Katherine Hepburn), Mary Poppins, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice...I could go on...

6. What's your recent favorite song? Currently on repeat on my phone are: Against All Odds and In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins, How Will I Know by Whitney Houston and Sherry by Frankie Vallie and the Four Seasons.

7. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, what were they? If not, why? I answered this question here. 

8. Are you a spender or a saver? Most of the time a spender, but I'm working on changing that. 

9. Did you think the world was over on December 21st? Nah. 

10. Favorite color? Blue. No doubt about that one

11. Shoes or purses? Probably purses. Or maybe shoes. ;)           
     
My eleven questions:
1.If you could meet any actor/actress/person from the past who would it be?
2.What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
3. What did you want to be when you grew up? 
4.Do you like coffee or tea better?
5. If you had one day all to yourself, how would you spend it?
6. What is the sweetest thing anyone has ever said to you?
7. If you could hop on a plane tomorrow, where would you go?
8. What is your current favorite song? (yep, stole it. :)
9. How old were you when you learned to read?
10. Do you play any instruments?
11. How would you describe your life right now?

I nominate....drum roll please...
 Mom from One Faithful Mom :)
Ragan from Touch of Serendipity
Leanne from Simply Beautiful
Amanda at My Love for Lyla
Lindsay from Down by the Bays
Chelsea from Taste and See
Rachael at Held By His Hand
Caroline from Everybody Behave Naturally
Sophie from Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Nicole from The Shea's
GraceAnna from The Castleberry's

Funny thing but I can say that I personally know 5 of the 11 people I just nominated!! Anyway. Thanks, Alyse for nominating me! You're the sweetest!! 

Have a fantastic day, friends!    
 
 
   
             

2 comments:

  1. I've missed your blog. : )

    But on a side note, how can you dislike country music?!?! OH NO!!! Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jennifer! You had commented on an anti-abortion post of mine in the past and so I wanted to invite you to the Blogger Day of Silence I've organized in view of the anniversary of Roe v Wade. I would love to have you participate and/or promote! http://ahumblebumble.blogspot.com/2013/01/roe-v-wade-40th-anniversary-day-of.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.