Friday, January 4, 2013

goal is a four letter word


Tonight after supper I said, "I need to write a blog post about goals." Mom (without missing a beat, of course) said, "Goal is a four letter word." :) We laughed about it, and I told her I was going to use it in the post. (pictures are from a 10th grade school day :)

Goals. It's something I've been meaning/wanting to write about, and just haven't yet. This past year I wasn't really diligent about my goals, but I also didn't really set goals that were attainable. My goals were things like: finish writing my novel, learn to run a home, learn to cook... things like that. Those aren't goals that you can really attain in a year.

This year, I want to set goals that I can actually work towards. In Sunday school this past Sunday, Mrs. Claudia told us she was going to set a spiritual goal, a physical goal, a relational goal and a professional goal. So I thought about that. Here's the ideas I had:

spiritual goal: spend at least a few minutes every day this year in God's word. Whether that means reading a few quick verses or spending an hour digging into what He has to say. Just spending time getting to know him better!

physical goal: work out. period. I love the way I feel when I'm working out. I just feel good, and who doesn't like that?? =) I want to start running again. A good friend of mine reminded me on Monday that back in 2010 I couldn't run a step and he and his brother helped me learn to run. I ended up running 30 minutes at a time by the next year. But then I got slack. So now I'm jumping back on the bandwagon...er...treadmill.

relational goal: get closer to my siblings. work on mentoring the girls at church.

professional goal: I'll be graduating this summer. I want to be a good student for this last little bit. My goal here is to just work my tail off til graduation, and actually feel good about it when I'm done.

So those are my goals for 2013. I'll keep you updated. Hopefully at the end of every month we'll have a little goal post. You remind of that, okay? So I told you about my goals. What are yours??

1 comment:

  1. It's so encouraging to see a young woman with her head screwed on straight and actually committing to goals to be a better woman - not that you're not awesome already. ;)
    I've sort of done the same thing:
    I want to spend more time with God and His word and start reading more spiritual growth books.
    I want to lose about 20 pounds too - the right way.
    I want to get closer to my family and reach out more to my friends and classmates at school.
    I really want to be a more dedicated student, keep my grades up, and possibly take on another job, too.

    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!
    http://iwishispokelatinandgerman.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    Keep up the awesome blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.