Sunday, May 5, 2013

where you invest your love, you invest your life

As I told you in my last post, I've been doing the She Reads Truth: Hosea plan with some of my beautiful blogger friends. Loving it, too. It has been so amazing. 

Last night, I had gotten a little behind, so I played catch-up. I was listening to "Awake My Soul" by Mumford and Sons, and it just so happened that they used the lyrics in one of the readings! (Coincidence? I think not...) Here's some of my notes:

-"Come let us return to the Lord; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, and he will bind us up." Jesus allows us to be broken. He helps us to realize just how much we need him. When we get to the point where we can't go on anymore, we understand that we are nothing without him. 

-This book is a beautiful picture of faithfulness. There is a bride, a bridegroom and the things that draw the bride away. She deserts her groom, leaves him behind but expects him to be there if she gets into any trouble. And the groom just stands there. He waits, watches, heals, restores and constantly loves. That is the story of the gospel. It is a story of redemption and restoration. It is a story of forgiveness and faithfulness. It is the story of how God never changes. 

"For every look you take at yourself, take ten looks at Christ. He is altogether lovely." -Robert Murray McCheyne

-The larger my view of sin, the larger my view of the cross. 

"Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap steadfast love...it is time to seek the Lord..."

"In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
and where you invest your love, you invest your life.
In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die
and where you invest your love, you invest your life."
Awake My Soul-Mumford and Sons

3 comments:

  1. Sounds awesome! who is this study by? i would love to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words, friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Jennifer! I've been reading through your blog a little bit after you introduced yourself a few weeks ago on a post of mine and I have really loved seeing your heart! It is so encouraging to see a young woman like you really standing up for the truth even if it can be hard to hear (loved your post on current "celeb crushes"!) Keep it up, girl! You will encourage and bless so many!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! You make me smile! Have a fantastic day, friend.